Thursday 17 April 2014

Day Seventeen

 You are going to laugh at me for this. I took the clock radio from my bedroom to the new house, so I could have some company. This morning, when I woke up, knowing that coffee is 1.5 miles away, I got up, dressed, brushed hair into ponytail and made bed. Walked into kitchen to find the clock registering 4:30. Now I have been known to get up at 4:30 in the summer. Light sensitive in summer. Seasonal affective disorder in winter. But it is April. So back to bed until 7:00.

Did I mention it is April? And that it is snowing for the third day in a row? I had to shovel the garage door. It had drifted as high as my knees. However, trusty snow tires still on the van, I made it to the new house and got dug in before 9:00

It was  a monumental moment for me at about 1:00. I got to the end. The kitchen cupboards have been scrubbed. Top to bottom. Left to right. All surfaces cleaned and disinfected, to the best of my ability. Today the bottom ones were finished. At the very end, a door came off where a chunk of framing is missing. Robin will have to fabricate a fix when he is back.


Now we will begin to prep for painting. I am trying to do the best job I can while considering the constraints of time and energy. Bought cupboard enamel last week in the city and prepped up a small shelf and one drawer so I could give them a quick brush and see if I like the end result. This paint is supposed to be very professional and has a self-leveling component. You have to put it on quite thick, but then one does not want drips and sags either. Probably after the third drawer, or so, I will lose my perfectionist aspirations and just head for the finish line.
Tomorrow is Good Friday. Commitments take me away from the house again, although I will have to be there to look after the pets. Have started looking for a mature cat that needs to be re-homed. Jo Katt, needs companionship and will need help with rodent control. I imagine we have the resources to provide a good home for at least six or eight felines.

1 comment:

  1. I do love your "Crazy cat lady starter kit". It will be satisfying when you are "done" enough to start importing mousers. - Fawn

    ReplyDelete